Friday, 21 March 2014

Due to the design of the level, lighting it has been quite difficult. It's supposed to look closed, but it obviously isn't physically so. I kept postponing finding solutions for it, but I did some steps towards it today.

I've taken out the half lambert shader which I've been using; it worked well at certain angles, but it didn't fit my purpose. The dominant directional light is top down, and the underground has been lit with some warm, soft spotlights.

Wednesday, 12 March 2014

you can tell by the way I use my walk; I'm a woman's man, no time to talk


I did a walk animation I was finally happy with, and plugged it into UDK. It slides a lot and moves way too slow and tilts over too much. ): (I dunno why this gif is so slow, it loops much faster in game)

Also some more assets woohoo.

Tuesday, 4 March 2014


Building building building.

I've gone away from the texturing with watercolour-thing; once the novelty wore off it proved to be very messy and very time-consuming and I am already pressed for time, and the sort of colours and look I want is just not even attainable with traditional watercolour.

I've been trying to emulate a sort of watercoloury look and texture with my digital texturing and I am happy with the look, but again. You can't replace the real thing. My main worry is that this strays too far from what I described initially in my specification document.

Progress feels really slow right now.