Friday, 24 January 2014

Rigging time

Outside of classes and stuff, I've spent a lot of time the past two days looking into how animation works in UDK. I wanted to be sure I was going about doing it right before I actually started rigging, instead of doing all that work and realising I'd done something dumb and avoidable. It'll still probably break and not be as straightforward as the tutorials I've watched made it look, but I guess I can't know that until I've tried.


I am so glad I spent all that time getting the shoulder topology right because it rigged pretty easily this time. Everything else seems to be deforming neatly enough as well. 

I've rigged one side now so I guess I would technically be done. But the mirroring tool doesn't seem to be working and I'm getting annoyed so I'm going home to take a nap.

And also here are some warm up paintings from the past two days, I like allowing myself 30 minutes every day just to paint something fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment